If you're seeing the Disconnect error on the Board when interacting with ZenHub and haven't actually recently switched wifis or disconnected, here's a few potential reasons why this is occurring.
Your wifi settings use a dynamic IP
ZenHub uses websockets to load the Board—when your wifi settings are set to change the IP consistently, each IP change will cause a disconnection, causing the Board to error out. At the moment, we do not support dynamic evolving IP wifi settings. A refresh will re-load the Board without error as the connection gets re-established.
To permanently prevent this from happening, change these settings to a static IP to prevent intermittent Board errors from appearing.
Other extensions interfering
Your Board might be continuously disconnecting due to interference from another extension. To check if a third party extension is interfering with ZenHub loading, you can try to:
- Disable all other extensions except ZenHub. Once disabled, refresh ZenHub and see if the Something's not Zen error disappears. If you are no longer seeing the error, re-enable each extension 1-by-1 to identify which one is blocking ZenHub.
- Create a new profile in your Browser and re-install ZenHub. If ZenHub properly loads in a clean profile, one of your other extensions is blocking it loading. Try re-enable each extension to see which causes the error, refreshing ZenHub after each re-enable.
- Load ZenHub in app.zenhub.com. If ZenHub loads properly, there's an extension conflict. If not, continue debugging below.
Still having issues? Here's what we need to troubleshoot
Please submit a support ticket to email@example.com with the following details:
- Your GitHub organization name:
- The URL of the repo that this is occurring on, from the ZenHub Board:
- Your GitHub username:
- A screenshot of the console when this is occurring (ideally in Chrome), alongside any failed network requests (to troubleshoot both of these and understand what screenshots will help us debug, you can follow this guide here):
- Confirm that you do not have any ad blockers or extension that otherwise block webhooks, like Ghostery (best to try ZenHub in a clean profile where there's no other extensions to rule out interference):
- And confirm that you do not have a dynamic IP wifi address: