Only ZenHub admins can add and remove licenses. Learn more here. This article is also only applicable for teams using ZenHub with github.com. Contact us if you have questions about your ZenHub Enterprise subscription.
View who has requested a license
If new team members are getting started with ZenHub, but you don't have enough licenses on your subscription, we prompt the individual to request a license from the admins on the account the first time they view the Board.
This triggers an email notification to all the ZenHub admins in your organization, as well as updates the Dashboard to indicate new team members are trying to get started.
Here's what your team will see when requesting a license:
By navigating to the Manage your plan area of the Dashboard, a ZenHub administrator can see the team members requesting a license, and how many licenses you have left to assign to your team. You can also use this page to add more licenses if you need to upgrade the subscription.
Purchasing more licenses and checking out
Every time you are in the checkout window, you'll be able to view:
- How many licenses you're purchasing
- The cost per team member
- On what cadence you will be paying (monthly or yearly)
- Your renewal date, or next invoice date
- The new total charge you will see now, and on your next invoice(s)
- What team members are licensed, and will have newly assigned licenses post-purchase
- If the charge will be pro-rated (mid-cycle changes to your billing)
- And, if you're making changes on an existing account, get a view of the credit card the charge will be made on
Adding / removing licenses mid-month or mid-year
Adding or removing licenses mid-month on a monthly subscription
If you add licenses mid-month you will be charged in the next billing period. You'll be charged the pro-rated amount for the time remaining in the month. If you remove licenses mid-month you will receive a credit for the unused time in the next billing period.
Adding or removing licenses mid-month on an annual subscription
- Adding licenses mid-year on an annual subscription: When adding licenses mid-year, you'll be charged immediately. This will be a pro-rated charge for the time remaining in the year.
- Removing licenses mid-year on a yearly subscription: When removing licenses mid-year, you'll receive a credit on your next invoice on the billing renewal date.The credit will be for the time remaining in the year
At any point during the payment process, you can also save 20% by upgrading to yearly!
If your team is downsizing ZenHub usage, you can reduce your subscription by unassigning licenses via manage your plan, and then navigating to the Account details tab.
First, you'll need to un-assign licenses from any team members who are still active within your organization. If these folk have already been removed, you can skip this step and navigate directly to account details. To unassign licenses, head to manage your plan.
Select the three dots located next to an individual and select Unassign license.
Once you've unassigned the appropriate licenses, navigate to account details and use the Remove licenses option to downgrade. Select the amount of seats no longer needed and confirm.